We are hiring in the Netherlands: Head of International Trading
Wikifarmer is a global platform with the mission of empowering and educating farmers worldwide while connecting them to the open market in order to sell their products at fair prices. We believe that all farmers in the world should be able to name a price and showcase their products, connect with buyers and compete fairly in the local, or in global marketplace. Wikifarmer has created a market-leading Food and Agriculture Marketplace and revolutionized transactions across the value chain.
We are seeking to recruit a successful Head of International Trading – Food and Agriculture – based in the Netherlands.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with international Producers, Suppliers, Importers, Exporters and Buyers in order to build long-term relationships that will create sustainable and ethical growth
- Leverage Wikifarmer Network to lead the development of Strategic Sales and Procurement Strategies worldwide
- Negotiate prices, margins, payments and delivery terms at a daily level.
- Organize transporting, warehousing and / or distributing goods, in order to match clients’ demand with a solid Profit and Loss mindset.
Skills & Experience Required
- Minimum 10 years of international experience in both the procurement and selling side of fresh produce, fats and oils, meat, fish, dairy, nuts or other relevant products
- Strong established network of respected international suppliers and buyers
- Ability to adapt quickly in order always to maintain a sustainable profitability
- Ability to thrive and excel in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Fluency in English
- Valid Passport with the ability to travel worldwide
What we offer
- Very Competitive Compensation Package
- Aggressive Bonus scheme
- Equity scheme
- A dynamic working environment in which to lead and further develop (budget for education)
How to apply
To be considered for this job, please send us your resume at email@example.com
Wikifarmer is an equal-opportunity employer. Your application will be held in complete confidence in accordance with data protection legislation.