- Wikifarmer (as such is defined below) owns and operates the global internet platform https://wikifarmer.com, which inter alia, includes a library section (the “Wikifarmer Library”). The purpose of the Wikifarmer Library is to empower farmers through educating them by publishing articles with agricultural practices and guidelines universally accessible to all farmers / users of the Website (as such is defined below) of the world for free, providing all farmers / users of the Website with access to relevant educational material, the latest scientific-technological advances, and practical manuals that can help them upgrade their production and income in a sustainable manner. Wikifarmer Library’s content can be explored both by amateurs and professional farmers. To make knowledge universally accessible, Wikifarmer Library offers a translated and localized version of each article in more than 15 languages. Our effort has been recognized by the International Food and Agriculture Organization (F.A.O.) of the United Nations by characterizing Wikifarmer’s Library as “The Wikipedia of farming”. To reinforce our sustainability profile, reach our S.D.G.s, and create new high-quality and practical content solutions, we constantly welcome new authors and join forces with new partners.
- Any reference in the present to “we”, “our” or “Wikifarmer”, shall mean the single member private company under the trade name “WIKIFARMER SINGLE MEMBER PRIVATE COMPANY”, duly organized and governed by the laws of Greece, with registered office at 31 KOTTA ST., ATHENS, GR-11525, Tax Reg. No. 801334509 and GEMI No. 154623401000. Any reference in the present to “you”, shall mean any user/visitor of the Website.
- Use of the Website
Users may use the “contact us” form in order to contact Wikifarmer for any questions or queries. Wikifarmer will exercise its best efforts in order to respond to users within two business days.
- Disclaimer and Remedies
Use of the Website and any reliance by you upon the Website, including any action taken by you because of such use or reliance, is at your sole risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Wikifarmer does not warrant that the use of the Website will be uninterrupted, accurate or error free; nor does it make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from use of the Website. The Website is provided “as is” and to the extent permitted by law. Wikifarmer disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including (but not limited to) implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
Your sole and exclusive remedy for any failure shall be for Library to use commercially reasonable efforts to adjust or repair the Website, or where such adjustment or repair is not feasible, for Wikifarmer to provide you with a refund for the amount you actually paid to Wikifarmer (if any).
- Intellectual Property Rights
The content of this Website, such as texts, pictures, photographs, company trademarks and graphics and the Works are the exclusive property of Wikifarmer. Use of the Website and/or of Wikifarmer Library does not grant you the ownership of any intellectual or other rights of possession or interest over it or the content that you access. You may not remove, cover or alter any statements on legal matters that appear on or in parallel to the Website. It is prohibited to copy, reproduce or retransmit any material without the written consent of Wikifarmer.
- Authors’ Representations
The Author represents and warrants towards Wikifarmer that:
- the Work is and will be the Author’s original work and that the Author has not and/or will not have copied wholly, partially and/or substantially any other work and/or material and/or any other source and the Author will not commit any plagiarism for the creation of the Work;
- the Work(s) does not and will not infringe and/or violate in any way any intellectual property rights of any third party;
- the Author is/shall be the sole creator and legal and beneficial owner of the Work which has not been created/shall not be created in the course of employment and/or any other business relationship with any third party and no other person was/is involved/shall be involved in the creation of the Work;
- the Author has the necessary and required scientific knowledge and expertise to create the Work;
- the Work will have sufficient scientific support and rely on scientific proof, research findings and reliable references and citations;
- the Author owns and has the right to further assign and transfer and/or has legally been granted a license to use with the right to sub-license and can therefore legally use, assign and transfer and/or license/sub-license the intellectual property rights of any pictures, drawings and/or other images relevant to the topic/subject of the Work; and
- The Work does not contain anything that is defamatory or indecent.
Intellectual property rights shall mean all intellectual property rights of any Work(s), whether registered or not, including but not limited to all copyrights (including neighboring rights, and the right to reproduce, translate, publish of any Work into any language) and all rights to enforce and seek remedies (including damages) in respect of the same, and any rights of the same and/or similar effect and/or nature as any of the foregoing anywhere in the world (“Intellectual Property Rights”).
- Acknowledgements and undertakings of the Author
The Author acknowledges that Wikifarmer is a popular platform and consents and agrees that he/she shall not be entitled to any monetary consideration by Wikifarmer for the publication of the Work and the transfer and assignment of the Intellectual Property Rights of the Work given that the Website receives a significant number of visits and the publication of the Work on the Website is beneficial for the Author.
- Liability and Indemnity of Author
- Limitation of Liability of Wikifarmer Library
To the maximum extent permitted by law, under no circumstances shall Wikifarmer or any of its affiliates, and/or subsidiaries, underlying service providers, business partners, information providers, account providers, licensors, employees, officers, managers, directors, contractors, distributors or agents be liable to you or to any other person for any loss or damage (including but not limited to direct, indirect, exemplary, special, incidental, cover, reliance or consequential damages, loss of profits or revenue, business interruption, loss of data, or failure to realise anticipated savings or benefits or business opportunities), or for any claim by any other party.
Wikifarmer’s exclusion of liability applies whether the claim is in contract, tort (including without limitation, negligence) or equity and even if Wikifarmer has been notified of the possibility of such loss or damage.
You agree that Wikifarmer liability to you at law will be reduced by the extent, if any, to which you contributed to the loss.
In the event that, notwithstanding the foregoing, Wikifarmer is held liable towards you for damages from any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the form of the action (whether in contract, tort (including negligence), product liability, or otherwise), to the fullest extent permitted by law the liability of Wikifarmer towards you will be limited to any amount you have actually paid to Wikifarmer (if any).
- Force Majeure
- Law Compliance
The Website may be accessed throughout the world. Wikifarmer makes no representations that the content of the Website complies with the laws, including intellectual property laws, of any country outside Greece. If you access the Website from any other territory, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws in the jurisdiction from which you access the site.
- Internal Complaints Handling System – Mediation
Wikifarmer provides an internal system for handling complaints received from Wikifarmer users. This system is easily accessible, free of charge, ensures the processing of disputes within a reasonable time and operates in accordance with the provisions of Article 11 of Regulation (EU) 2019/1150.
Wikifarmer users also agree to the potential for out-of-court dispute resolution through the establishment of a mediation system. To this end, Wikifarmer may work with two (2) mediators from the Register of Mediators of the Hellenic Ministry of Justice to reach an agreement regarding any disputes that may arise, including any complaints that cannot be resolved through the aforementioned internal handling system.
- Dispute Resolution – Applicable Law