Partnership between Wikifarmer and AgriBIT
Wikifarmer is always interested in building partnerships with organizations, universities, institutions, and projects worldwide. Our main goal is to democratize agriculture; networking can help us achieve this. Wikifarmer and AgriBIT are working together to promote precision agriculture.
AgriBIT aims to enhance the agricultural process by providing increasingly precise, highly accurate, and consistently accessible Precision Agriculture services. This is achieved by integrating Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS), particularly the advanced high-precision Galileo positioning and augmentation services such as EGNOS. It also incorporates Earth Observation (EO) data, sensors, and actuators in the field and on agricultural machinery. Applying Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies and expert agricultural expertise further contributes to this improvement.
AgriBIT’s overarching goal is to provide various customizable and adaptable solutions tailored to different agricultural applications and crop brands. This is accomplished through six specific objectives:
- Analyzing the market and identifying agrarian needs.
- Enhancing location services to achieve higher precision.
- Offering cost-effective, European-origin, high-precision Galileo and EGNOS GNSS receivers.
- Delivering a Precision Agriculture (PA) service package designed for farmers and farm advisors.
- Developing a strategy to promote the adoption of these services.
- Establishing an open, service-oriented platform for users.