A. The management and protection of the personal data of the visitor/user of the website is governed by the provisions of the applicable legislation regarding the protection of personal data, and in specific Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the GDPR), Law 4624/2019, Law 3471/2006, Guidelines, Decisions, and other acts of the competent Data Protection Authority (the Hellenic Data Protection Authority “HDPA”) and the below terms.
B. Wikifarmer Wholesale Market collects personal data of visitors/users of the website, only when they themselves voluntarily provide them, for the purpose of providing the products & services available online. In particular, the information that Wikifarmer Wholesale Market collects is the following:
1. We collect your full name for the purpose of a) registration of each of the users to our services and the ability to execute your order, b) invoicing of the services by the sellers and by the Wikifarmer Wholesale Market where applicable and c) execution of payments by the users.
2. The user password chosen by each user of the website: For the purpose of registering on our Website, as a prerequisite to registering and confirming your identity.
3. Postal address: we collect the address of the seller and the buyer for the purposes of billing and the ability to execute and ship any orders from the seller to the buyer, as well as for any postal communication with you.
4. Email address: we collect the e-mail address of the seller and the buyer for billing purposes and to enable us to fulfill and dispatch any orders from the seller to the buyer, as well as for any postal communication with you.
5. Contact phone numbers: We collect the telephone details of each user, for the purpose of contacting them by telephone, in case required for better service, for the optimal provision of services, and/or to address any complaints and/or to contact each user in case of need.
6. With regard to legal entities and sole proprietorships, we collect their tax data (TIN number, tax office, activity and address) for the purpose of invoicing our services, as well as to enable us to check the legality of their operation.
7. Information regarding your electronic device, as well as the tracking of your location: We collect your website IP address, your device type, as well as your location through it, if you have expressly consented to the tracking of your location.
This information is collected by Wikifarmer Wholesale Market only when each user logs in. If the user chooses to log in to our website via Facebook, Wikifarmer Wholesale Market only collects the user's declared Facebook username.
In addition, Wikifarmer Wholesale Market’s information system automatically collects information about the sites visited by its visitor/user and about the links to third-party websites that he/she may select through the use of the Wikifarmer Wholesale Market website. This correlation is done through google ads, remarketing, conversion tracking, facebook ads for conversion tracking.
C. Requirement for the processing of your personal data:
The provision of your personal data is required, in order to properly provide the services offered and fulfilling orders.
Exceptionally, not giving consent for the processing of your information for the purpose of sending you the Wikifarmer Wholesale Market newsletter, in no case may affect our provision of the services.
D. Who else is the recipient of your personal data?
We do not transfer your personal data to third parties, except to the employees and business partners of Wikifarmer Wholesale Market, who render us the services required to run our business. In specific, we use Google Files for storage and e-mail services, Facebook for marketing and SoMe services, Amazon Web Services for file storage and e-mail services, Twilio, Viber and WhatsApp for SMS/online messaging services, Hubspot for software services and Stripe for payment processing services. These service providers process your data under their own privacy policies and practices, as included on their respective websites (please see the relevant links provided), but always under conditions that fully ensure that your personal data is not subject to any unlawful processing, i.e. other than the purpose of the transfer as described above.
We will not transfer your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA), except when strictly necessary for the above purposes, on the basis of an adequacy decision issued by European Commission (EC), or under the appropriate safeguards of article 46 of the GDPR, such as Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the EC. In any case, Wikifarmer Wholesale Market place will not make available for sale or otherwise transmit or disclose personal data of visitors/users of its website to third parties, other than those mentioned above, without the consent of the visitor/user, unless required under applicable laws, or in the event that the personal data of visitors/users are requested by a Public Authority, etc.
E. Why we use (process) your personal data
Wikifarmer Wholesale Market collects, holds and processes only the personal data that is minimal and strictly necessary to achieve the purpose of the processing. We use your personal data for the following purposes:
1. For the purpose of your registration on the website and the provision of our services.
2. For the purposes of invoicing the services provided to you and payment.
3. For the purpose of contacting you directly by telephone or online, if necessary.
4. For cases where the processing of your personal data is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests (such as improving our services) or for the purposes of our compliance with national and/or European legislation.
5. For the purposes of direct marketing and/or promotional activities, such as participation emails and sms that we periodically send to those who have subscribed to our newsletter.
6. For the purpose of protecting, detecting and preventing fraud and other criminal acts, claims and other liabilities
7. For the purpose of network and information security, in order to take steps to protect your information from loss, damage, theft or unauthorized access.
8. For statistical purposes, upon anonymization.
For this purpose, the visitor/user provides his/her consent, which is presumed to exist through the mere use of the website.
F. Legal bases for the processing of your personal data:
We process your personal data under the following legal bases:
1. For the provision of our services and in order for you to make transactions through our services.
2. In order to comply with our legal obligations.
3. For the purposes of our legitimate interests, considering the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subjects.
4. Your consent, when requested for one or more specific purposes.
G. How long do we process and retain your personal data?
1. Your personal data will be kept for as long as you use the website and remain a user of it, without deleting your account. Similarly, we will keep and process them for as long as your consent given to their processing for the purposes mentioned above lasts.
2. For the purposes of promotional activities (newsletters, sending e-mails, sms), we will retain your personal data for as long as you do not indicate that you do not wish to receive such promotional activities.
3. For tax purposes, we will retain your personal data relating to your billing and payments made to us for one (1) decade (10 years) from the time your account on the website is deleted in any way.
4. Wikifarmer Wholesale Market may continue to store your personal data for five years (5 years) or longer after your account on the website is deleted in any way, if this is necessary to protect our legitimate interests in relation to possible liability related to the provision of the services.
5. In any event, we do not retain personal information in an identifiable form for longer than necessary.
H. Security measures for the protection of your personal data
Wikifarmer Wholesale Market is committed to protecting the personal information and data provided by users and process it securely. To this end, it has taken the necessary technical and organizational security measures for the processing of users' personal data, which are regularly updated. The personal information collected is stored on password-controlled restricted servers and Wikifarmer Wholesale Market uses specific technologies and procedures and takes strict physical, electronic and administrative security measures to enhance the protection of this information against loss or misuse, as well as to protect it from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification or destruction.
In addition, we train all employees on the importance of maintaining the confidentiality and privacy and security of your personal information.
Among other things, we have implemented the following technical and organizational measures and procedures to protect your personal data from any loss, alteration, unlawful processing or modification:
- access to your personal data is limited to only the number of persons authorised for the specific purposes
- the IT systems used to process the data are only accessed by persons authorised to do so
- access to these IT systems is monitored in order to detect and immediately prevent unauthorised access
- periodic monitoring
I. Your rights
You may exercise the following rights in accordance with these terms and applicable laws:
1. Right of access and information about your personal data that we process, as well as to information concerning their processing.
2. Right to rectification of your personal data, i.e. the right to correct any inaccurate data.
3. Right to object to the processing of your personal data
4. The right to restrict the processing of your personal data, which means to request the temporary suspension of the processing if the accuracy of the data is contested by you, if you object to the processing or if there is another ground provided for in the relevant data protection legislation.
5. Right to portability, i.e. to ask us to transfer your personal data to another entity.
6. Right to erasure of your personal data without undue delay upon your request under the conditions set out in the relevant applicable Personal Data Protection legislation.
7. Right to withdraw consent. In cases where we process your personal data based on your consent, you also have the right at any time to withdraw your consent or to change the degree of consent you have granted without affecting the lawfulness of the processing for the period prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
To exercise each of the above rights (from 1 to 7), you can send a request to [email protected] with a clear description of the personal data and information you are requesting.
8. Right not to be subject to any decision by Wikifarmer Wholesale Market based on automated "profiling" of you.
9. The right to file a complaint to the competent Greek independent authority, which is the Hellenic Data Protection Authority (HDPA), in case of unlawful processing of your data (http://www.dpa.gr/).
J. Transfer of personal data outside the EU
The personal data we collect from you is not transferred or processed outside the European Union.
1.What are Cookies?
2. What information do cookies collect?
3. What are Cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:
- for technical purposes necessary for the efficient operation of our website,
- to promote advertising messages or targeted actions
- For advertising or promotional purposes, to provide targeted advertising or promotional offers, or to promote our services, or for advertising campaigns, or to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns.
In general, cookies are used to facilitate visitor/user access in terms of using specific Wikifarmer services and/or pages, for statistical purposes (google analytics) and in order to determine which areas are useful or popular. This information may also include the type of browser used by the visitor/user, the type of computer, its operating system, the internet service providers and other such information.
4. Which cookies do we use?
We use: a. Wikifarmer cookies which are used for necessary website functions such as maintaining the user's login and keeping products in the shopping cart. b. Stripe Cookies, which allow payment by credit or debit card. c. Google analytics / Google Ads. The use of these cookies allows us to collect data to analyze the use of the Wikifarmer Wholesale Market website in order to better understand our website visitors, improve the website, products, services and our promotional efforts. They are also used to collect data to analyze the performance of ads on Google and to show ads on Google and Google partner sites to users who have visited Wikifarmer Wholesale Market. d. Facebook cookies (analytics/ads): The use of these cookies allows us to collect data to analyse the use of the Wikifarmer Wholesale Market website in order to better understand our website visitors, improve the website, products, services and our promotional efforts to users who visit us through Facebook advertising.
L. How to contact us?
M. Release Information - Changes and Updates
This Statement was posted on 01/06/2023.
We reserve the right to amend and update this Statement, in whole or in part, at our sole discretion at any time. Any amendment to this Statement will be effective once the amended Statement is posted on this website. At the same time there will be a notice on the home page of the website highlighting the change. As long as you continue to use our website and the services it provides, following the update as set out above, you will be deemed to have accepted these amendments.