Wikifarmer is a global platform with the mission of empowering and educating farmers across the world and, at the same time connecting them with the open market to sell their products at fair prices. FAO has characterized our online Library as “the Wikipedia of farming,” thanks to the free, rich, and practical content it provides that is already available in 15 languages. The articles are created by our editorial team of experts (agronomists) as well as scientists, farmers, and students across the globe.
What we offer
- You will work in a multilingual environment with an enthusiastic and experienced start-up team.
- Gain experience in content writing
- You can be trained in working with WordPress (which is the program most sites use for content management).
- The chance to communicate with our partners’ network (universities, organizations from all over the world).
- Producing Agricultural Content for our Library (e.g., cultivation guides for different crops etc.) based on experience and scientific references.
- Communicate with farmers to collect information, pictures etc.
- Find new topic ideas for content writing (based on farmers’ needs, knowledge gaps, latest-future trends etc.)
- Answer/Find solutions to farmers’ questions.
- Participate in organizing webinars, podcasts, and the creation of posts for our social media.
- Student from an agricultural university (or technical school), preferably specialized in Crop or Animal Science, senior year.
- Good to excellent knowledge of English
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Pack
- 80% office presence
Wikifarmer is an equal opportunity employer. Your application will be held in complete confidence in accordance with data protection legislation.
For more information please contact Stella Provelengiou (Senior Content Manager, MSc Agronomist of Wikifarmer) at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at +30 6934126489